Balsamic Shiitake Rice Salad
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 3 cups black rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, shallot, celery, sea salt and pepper. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the cooked black rice and balsamic vinegar. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer the rice mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover loosely with tin foil; bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven; top with scallions and serve.